One of the biggest challenges of identifying a water leak under slabs, is that by nature they don’t show up or become apparent for some time. Since the water pipes are under your floors, gravity tends to pull water away from your floors, so they stay hidden and undiscovered. Until of
- Leakspottersare experts in leak detection, identifying a water leak under slabs & our quick response team will save you even more! Get in touch
course, you receive your water bill and get a nasty shock! Good news is, they can be found under concrete or deep in ground. And other than an unusually high bill, sometimes there are subtle signs that could indicate a hidden leak under your concrete.
You should suspect a water leak under your slab, if you notice:
- Sounds of running water, even when all water is turned off
- A hot spot on the floor – which could indicate a hot water line leak
- Cracks in walls or flooring – as the concrete shifts and causes movement of your house
- Excessive moisture, mildew, dampness or musty smell from under your carpets – which could indicate your slab is cracked