The Bucket Test – Is my Pool or Spa Leaking?
The Bucket Test is done to decide if there is a leak in your pool or spa.
1. Ensure water level of pool is correct.
2. Fill bucket approximately ¾ full.
3. Put bucket on step of pool.
4. While pump is not working, mark water level, with waterproof marker, on inside of bucket and outside of bucket.
5. Leave for 24 hours, with pump operating as normal, and compare water levels against both marks.
6. If the pool water has dropped more than the water in the bucket, it is most likely you have a leak.
7. Rain will change the result so the test should be repeated.